Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

Thank you to all the men and women who have defended our freedoms here and everywhere. You are remembered every day and  thanks to your families who have sacrificed too. I hope everyone takes a moment today to reflect on the many patriots who have let us stand on their shoulders to get to the heights of personal freedom that is taken for granted in America today. My hat is forever off in salute.
The leaves are quickly falling now, I think more are on the ground than on the trees. While standing at a check,  hunting yesterday, I was stroking my chestnut gelding's mane and looking at the carpet of leaves around me and up at the trees in front and I realized he was the exact same color as the red in the autumn leaves. It was a perfect moment of feeling in harmony with nature. God made animals to "wear" beautiful colors and we appreciate all the variety and beauty. Red, my horse, was so perfectly coordinating with the beauty of the Fall I was awestruck for a moment. The sun was glinting off his his freshly cleaned and groomed mane and the russet color was shining. It was warm to the touch and he was quiet ( for a change), just relaxed, standing. The pine trees I had just come through smelled "pine-y" and wonderful. The hounds were in the distance and for a minute I just "being here now!". To all my old hippie friends, Here's to more moments like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment