Friday, November 5, 2010

Guy Fawkes Day

I think today is Guy Fawkes Day- great day for a bonfire. A lot of my friends have gone to Lexington to the Breeder's Cup. I am jealous- would love to see Zenyatta try for that 20th win- her style of running is soooo nerve wracking, that come from behind, do just enough to win,  late charge to the wire is so thrilling.  There are a lot of other good horses in there so fingers crossed that she can do it. The slots thing in Maryland is so disappointing and now they are threatening to close Bowie and Laurel by Dec 18th- where will 2000 horses go!! What are they thinking?  I am very worried about Dec Fasig-Tipton sale- I had a couple of weanlings to sell but wonder if I should even try?
This weekend I am going to Parent's Weekend at my youngest son's college. Also very important , hopefully not as thrilling as Breeder's Cup. . Tho' one year there were so many people on a "college house" porch that it detached and fell 20 ft down to the ground-- BAD. These college kids know how to party and at this school , so do the parents! Parents Weekend is a tradition , it seems, to watch kids' parents get stupid too.  Not me!  But I am looking forward to seeing my son and watching a little BB practice and not feed horses at the crack of dawn!! Thanks Laura!

No comments:

Post a Comment