Monday, August 2, 2010

Sunrise over 1000 islands


I am crossing back into The States this morning, driving over the Thousand Island Parkway, on my way to Saratoga Springs for the yearling sale. Sunrise over the little town of Gananoque reminded me of the coastal town of Beaufort, SC where we were in June. The air is much more refreshing, brisk even here. I have a sweatshirt on, but the sounds are the same. Snapping of stays on masts, shrill of seagulls, seaport sounds of boats being loaded for the day. This is a big vacation spot for the islands of the St. Lawrence. Happily for me they are so close to New York, that American money is interchangeable with Canadian. I pulled in about 9Pm because I didn't want to drive all night and I wanted to see sunrise over these islands. The desk clerk said they only had one room left, cash only because it was " in the very old part of Inn". After my quizzical look she said it wasn't up to hotel standards so they only rent for cash and if someone really wants it!!. Now, I am wondering if it is haunted or I am going to wake up to Jack Nicholson leering at me in the middle of the night . Yikes! Well, I slept fine but did wake up to a doozy of a dream all about drug kingpins and deals gone bad. Very weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment