Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dawn's witnesses

The sun is not breaching tree tops until 6:45 AM now and the mist seems to descend at the same moment. It looks really cool, as the clouds are lit from beneath in pink and gold, the mist covers the dark green tree line and softens everything. The dew is very heavy on grass. Actually this is very hard on horses hooves, they soften in the drenching moisture and then dry out during the day in the heat. Blacksmith's hate this time of year. One of my yearlings lost another shoe and I hate all those little nail holes right before the sale. They are looking good tho. I am  happy with the new supplement I am trying-flaxseed oil based. They are very shiny and the filly who was so sick this winter is also blooming from it. She too, has front shoes and I am riding her. I believe she is going to make a full recovery which is simply amazing. The babies are bouncing around the back field with their mom's! The foxhunters are getting antsy ( except Bob) with the cooler mornings . Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment