Wednesday, August 18, 2010

August


My birthday was Monday and I realize it somehow marks the beginning of Fall for me. This morning is grey and cooler, different bird song and the breeze smells fresher. It will still be hot later, it is only mid-August, but at 6AM today, it feels like change. I am enjoying the last few days with Will before he leaves for his junior year, lots of philosophical musings and listening to rapid, staccato, raunchy music. He actually raps! pretty well. Saw a stupid movie together last night, these are the simple things I miss when they are all gone. I am about to start an online university course, two actually- one an intro writing? class that apparently everyone must pay for and take ( rip-off) and another in the field of Emergency Management. I think I want that degree finally, not sure I can stay the course, but am taking the first step. Husband thinks I can, I'm not convinced but after many college years at many schools I am going to try to put it together. But who will hire an old person for a job??? anyway, hauling yearling Thoroughbreds around for a million years has prepared me for managing lots of emergencies- and I can't see doing That forever either. Choices, choices. Still going to write a pirate screenplay tho'- can't be worse than some of the stupid movies out. Knock on wood , yearlings are healthy and will get to sales. Four for next year and then we'll see what's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment