Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday mornings

I do not remember waking up tired as a kid. Is it a part of getting , yikes, older or is  it because we work too much? I know sometimes I try to cram too much in one day, but I really hate waking up and feeling tired. It seems that, that  should be a conundrum, that it should be impossible to not feel refreshed when you open your eyes. Now I look forward to my morning ritual of watching the sunrise, with a cup of joe, just so I can start the Me motor! It takes twenty minutes of quiet, contemplative time to want to get up and get going! Am I alone here or is this what millions of people feel like as they drive to work? Tired, kinda cranky.  This doesn't bode well for the universe. Oh well, moving on. It has gone back to being very hot again and I was amazed how quickly just one week of pleasant summer weather erased the lassitude of the prior killer heat. I was enjoying summer there for a moment. The college classes I signed up for are kicking my butt. I have not written "essays" for a deadline in thirty years- don't know how kids do this and do all the other stuff. I could not drink 10 beers and read a textbook, let alone get a ping pong ball in a teeny weeny cup- repeatedly. Gotta give 'em credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment