Monday, August 9, 2010

August morning mist


I am watching a light foggy morning mist descend towards the ground. Looks like Mother Nature just threw a soft white pashmina around herself. And I am listening to dueling owls. This is the second time I have heard these owls, they keep hooting back and forth, fairly loudly, as tho' in disagreement. Unusual morning. I suppose it is the beginning of a season change to Fall. And I watched football last night! I can't believe where the year has gone , but I love when football comes back. There is just something about watching good athletes and I think football players must be the closest to watching fabulous looking horses. Big, muscular, slightly bad-ass- I guess I understand the appeal of gladiators- just not sure why we like them. Do "warrior -types", whether animal or man represent protection or winning? Are we that competitive by basic human nature-maybe! Foggy mornings, football means foxhunting is around the corner. Whoopee - I am ready- after March I am ready to stop but by now, mid August I am ready to get back in the tack. My son and girlfriend were out last night , planning wedding. it is so cool and it is going to be so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment