Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I heard the peepers yesterday!!!!

Yesterday was warm and beautiful in the morning. Hunting was cancelled with HCIB because of impending rain so I rode the girls through the woods and I heard the spring peepers! Deep in the woods, in the boggy marsh they were in full throated roar. It was softer than usual but definitely there. DA-DA - they are my first harbingers of Spring, the sound that gives me a boost when it is still cold. Today is the first of March. As I changed the calendar page on my birthday calendar, the one where I record important milestones, I realized it has been eleven years since my brother died. I was hunting that day at Dodon. It was a lovely morning and I will never forget breaking fingers in a crazy bucking horse incident  and then learning he had passed away, losing his cancer battle. Today I paused and thought, my Mom, Dad and brother, Ian, are now together  in heaven or wherever, watching the three of us girls, my sisters and I, and all the love and drama of our lives. I miss you and am really glad that you are together. I know that you will all be watching when my girl and boy walk down the aisle with respective spouses in the next two months. We will be smiling and thinking of you three angels, knowing you are not far away at all. Love and miss you.

1 comment: