Tuesday, March 15, 2011

our unconscious fears......

I woke this morning, sleepily saying goodbye to hubby and laughingly reported my dreams. Our unconscious must process those daytime fears and worries we have everyday and perhaps do not process at the time. As most of you know I whip for our foxhunt. One of my "duties" is to be ahead of huntsman as he draws through the woods and "coverts", so if there is any problem I can flank him and help the hounds. So, I woke from a dream that involved being way out of position hunting.  My huntsman was  yelling at me to cover one side while giving his location. Aghast ( in a dream) I realize he is miles from me and I need to get there yesterday! So, in the dream , I am madly galloping along roads and through fields, that look vaguely familiar, all the while trying to figure out how to get there from here!!. Complicating this dream sequence is the fact that the whole field has gotten lost and is now trying to follow me. They all think I know where to go, even tho'  I am just "galloping " by the seat of my pants, because in the dream nothing looks right and actual hunting locations are all mixed up in the dream. The fears of a "whipper-in"! The other really funny thing was that I was doing taxes just before bed last night and I remember, before being suddenly on my horse, I was doing double-entry accounting. I was thoroughly stumped on how to offset one entry and just going over columns and ledgers in my head- in my dream! This is what accountants must dream about !
On a somber note, I cannot imagine the nightmares that the survivors of the earthquake and tsunami must have. Can you imagine reliving a wall of water coming at you! Unbearable. My prayers continue for the Japanese and I hope the powers that be can contain the nuclear problem.

1 comment:

  1. I love to read your posts. When are you going to write a book? In your spare time of course! :) hugs, Liz Y.

    ReplyDelete