Tuesday, March 22, 2011

wedding showers and spring showers, both bringing flowers!

Busy, busy, busy. My son and his lovely fiance Stephanie had their engagement party/shower this weekend. It was really fun to meet everyone and it really is a great way for the families to meet before the actual wedding. It is now a fall wedding, October, which is going to be beautiful.  Sarah's wedding is next weekend !!!!  We are already to fly to LA  and  do the ceremonial " giving our daughter's hand in marriage" to Kevin, our handsome soon to be son-in-law. So exciting and so hard to believe she is old enough to get married. I have my hanky already in hand.  Though I think your children are your "kids " forever. William  called in the dead of night last night from college to say the water was pouring out of toilet all over the house. I love that the first reaction is call Mom, who is hours away, because she will fix it! I sleepily suggested turning the water off- hope he remembers to turn it back on!! He told me the landowner is not happy with them because they trashed the house in a frat party this weekend- well "Duh!"  My sister, Margaret  and I shared a martini over the phone last Friday night, commiserating on kids growing up and leaving and how  the concerns and "Mom's worrying"  never grows up and leaves. Wouldn't have it any other way, tho'! I feel incredibly blessed to be a part of my children's lives and cherish every moment.
 I am also squeezing in all the last hunts possible. Our closing is this Sunday and I will try to go out with HCIB a few more times. All the foxhunters are finishing  season healthy and sound- knock on wood. Still trying to get out with Piedmont, maybe this Thursday.  Today I am off to tax preparation appointment and then taking mare to Northview for a date with Lionhearted.  Some how it seems like taxes and horse business are always intwined!

No comments:

Post a Comment