Monday, March 28, 2011

end of season

Closing hunt was a day of contrasts. Started with a blanket of snow thrown over the grass and forsythia blooms  and ended with a warm sunny afternoon that was a perfect end to season.  We had an early run but it seemed to be a tough scenting day as the hounds were hard pressed to really lock on to a line. Huntsman moved through country very fast and eventually all members were happy to wrap up about 1PM to get ready for Closing Breakfast. It is always bittersweet to hunt the last day. I enjoy seeing everyone for Paula's delicious breakfast - I wait all year for that bread pudding!- but I am ready to stop for awhile and have fun at hunter paces. This year, especially, I am ready for a wedding!!  Leaving soon for LA and Sarah's wedding.  Then I will start working on the 75th MHC Anniversary book, hoping to hear some fun stories from bygone days.

No comments:

Post a Comment