Monday, February 28, 2011

countdown to weddings

I know the economy played the biggest part in not breeding last spring but I am still thankful for the break this year. As the two weddings get closer, I feel like I am juggling and that one ball is sure to drop!  I, so, do not want to forget anything. So I am taking the one mare who is foaling up to Murmur  because her due date is too close to Sarah's wedding. Trying to fit the last foxhunting  days into schedule also. There is a chance to go out with HCIB today but rain is forecast? Yesterday we had a good day at Morelands, the weather is warm and the foxes are pairing up which can make for interesting splits. You wonder which one will run, which one goes to ground? As we roaded home yesterday, just before the trailers, a large red jumped out of cover and took off in front of everyone. Most of the field went in but we turned to follow. Tough scenting on the muddy fields with warm breeze; the hounds couldn't follow, tho' several landowners out walking thanked us for a lovely view of the fox!  This week Sarah is coming home for her "shower" and it will be wonderful to see her and celebrate the big event! And I am still listening for the spring peepers. The daffodills are pushing up and the forsythia is budding. I do love the smell of impending spring  - it smells new!

No comments:

Post a Comment