Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring springs eternal

Even tho' it is cold and rainy this morning, I smile when I see the blossoms on the Thundercloud plum trees and the weeping cherries. The black wet branches end in the prettiest softest pink- they all look like Japanese wood cuts or prints.  Set against a cold grey sky, it is the perfect counterpoint to showcase the Spring and rebirth of beauty. You can smell the earth and the warm scent of spring even while bundled up. The earthworms are all out wiggling in the puddles from last nights storms. They better go back down because those puddles may freeze tonight. We leave in a week for LA and Sarah's wedding. I am so excited and hopeful for a lovely weekend affair.  Will said his house damages may be more reasonable than the first figure of $50,000!!!!  I am still speechless about that one. Sam is working hard on his college work and math degree, then job hunting, then another wedding!!  In my horse breeding world two mares have been bred, two to go. That also springs eternal. I sent two to Kentucky, one to Maryland and we think the fourth is going to New York. My partner is sending most to Kentucky. I hope Maryland racing sorts itself out, what a loss if the land and legacy of famous race horses leaves Maryland forever. I miss the babies this year, tho' I am definitely not missing the foal watch nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment