Tuesday, January 18, 2011

ice ice baby

Everything is covered in ice this morning, but thankfully it is not too cold and I think it will thaw as morning continues. Which means I can enjoy the unusual beauty and the crunchy baby steps without cursing because it will go away soon! All the grasses are laid low from its weight and the dogs are skittering across the grass. I feed later these days so as I look out at horses I am hoping that they had the sense to stay in run-ins last night and that the blankets are not soaked.  I have to bring one mare up for blacksmith this morning so I am going to wait a bit more to ensure  I don't end up on my butt on the hill. I will go feed babies in the barn now tho'. Am putting spikes on my boots!!   Preparations for weddings are beginning again, funny to think , my  2011 begins with  two weddings and a funeral.  I hope that is all the big surprises in store for me this year but as I write that  I am already saying, "famous last words". So I know this year will be an adventure and because I never want to be an old "stodgy" I will keep visualizing  a willow tree and pray that I always bend " to the wind", ( or ice in this case ) and learn to sway gracefully when I am traveling on unknown roads. Having children has been the most wonderful part of my life and I love that they surprise me and that they are different from me. I get to experience three other points of view and to see life from other perspectives.  Husband, too, brings a fourth which all told keeps me humble, even as I tell them " Mom is ALWAYS right !"

No comments:

Post a Comment