Thursday, January 27, 2011

going out to muck 9 stalls

Ok I decided at 5 PM last night to bring all the mares up. The threat of 5-10" was too much. They seemed very grateful last night, gave big sighs, rolled in fresh sawdust and drank deeply from buckets. There actually was lightning and thunder last night, thunder snow they called it. Well, the power went out about 9PM and I sighed deeply, drank a martini and said "Damn". Snuggled under down comforters and hoped it would come on-  well, it didn't and I built a fire this morning, preparing to start generator etc.  After plowing out with 4-wheel drive truck to get gas for generator the power came on!!  Whoopee, I am so grateful for little things like that.  Now I am going out to muck 9 stalls and enjoy the snow covered landscape and be glad that I can come in and have a shower afterwards!  On a brighter note, The Bloodhorse sire lists have rolled over to just 2011 cumulative stats and I have TWO horses I bred on the Chief Earner lists, Arctic Raven is Dance with Ravens best runner and Baltimore Bob is Malibu Moons!! This will probably only last one day! but it is an awesome statistic for a very small breeder. Those are North American earnings lists. I will celebrate and enjoy my fleeting success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment