Monday, January 10, 2011

Back home

Personal crisis, like a funeral, seems to simply remove you from your life. Time stops and all energy turns toward family. It was a sad saying goodbye to Mom and at the same time it was a wonderful week with my family. Funny at times, touching, bonding and sad. We were able to pull together a really lovely service and I found the strength to say words of farewell. Cousins were reunited and we reconnected on the deeper level that will keep us together. Plans for future weddings helped bring some joy and even further off we talked of family reunions in fun places like Las Vegas.
The day after coming home was the day I wanted to simply pull the covers over my head. I went riding and just spent time with the horses. That is healing for me, the unspoken connection, the gentle nudges of my equine friends touch my soul and help. I have stepped back into my life and am picking up its rhythm again. Lots to do and lots of plans to start rolling for the family weddings. Horses to be born and to start on their training. I am really glad I got to see my sisters, nieces and nephews and cousins. We are family, ever changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment