Friday, September 24, 2010

Misty, moisty morning

The fog is thick and low this dawn. It's like being in a cloud. Summer heat is back for another day anyway.
I will try to wean one more baby today, hopefully both by next week. Need some rain badly, the stream is dried up in back field where I would like to keep mares. Sarah and I went wedding dress shopping yesterday. It was soooo much fun and we both burst into tears when she came out of dressing room in the first gown. What a mother-daughter moment! I think that moment is a once in a lifetime. She took my breath away with her natural beauty. Her look of happiness and amazement as she saw herself in the mirror was  priceless. The salesgirl casually slipped a veil and jeweled comb on her head and transformed my little girl into a princess. All the love and care and heartache and hopes for the future stood all grown up, walking away from me and I was smiling with joy.  I am so blessed, both Sam and Sarah are ready to love and be vulnerable and truly trust another soul to love and care for them.  Wings are spreading and I am so proud of them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment