Friday, September 10, 2010

Blue dawns

The summer dawns were all shades of pink and gold, spectacular and fiery most mornings. I am noticing that these September break of days are blue. Blues, ranging from the palest, almost white-blue where the sun will come up, arcing back to the deepest indigos behind me. There are moments of pink , if there are clouds, but mainly they have been clear blue skies. The cicadas still thrum, softer  like a white noise in background. Two of the funniest looking woodpeckers just landed in the treetop beside me. I just realized, they sort of look like miniature pterodactyls. It is definitely cooler, the yearlings are already by the gate , waiting for breakfast. Too cold for baths today. The sale is in three weeks and I am now planning for the December mixed sale. A friend is having a difficult time and I think we may put several of our horses in the sale. Time to reorganize and plan for next step. Life is all about change, that was knocked into my thick skull recently. Just when you think you might coast along with a plan that looks smooth, you are sure to hit rapids. Now, my rapids are not bad. Just fast moving, lots of bumps and exciting. Two weddings, two college courses, new directions in writing. I always feel like I have forgotten to do something! But, I remember I am blessed and I give silent thanks - these changes are wonderful to behold and to be a part of- kids growing up and getting married. I am happy. Murph, I just heard the sound of Fall. The geese!! The first big vee just flew high overhead, honking loudly, just to say "We're back!!!"  Of, course, how did I forget the geese.

No comments:

Post a Comment