Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Football

Football is back. I love it. Took me years, but I now love the sounds and sights of Sunday night/Monday night football. I even know a quite a few of the players now ( maybe not enough for a fantasy league, but a lot), which makes watching the game much better. For years I sort of watched with the men in my life, but I was really just watching beefy guys in tight pants. Then, I fell in love with the Redskins, maybe it was the "hogs", maybe Joe Theismann - actually, maybe it was Howie Long  (even though he was a Raider)- anyway I really got into the game. It is an awesome sport of very athletic men, that takes great skill. As I appreciate a great racehorse and the heart and drive of an athlete that a super horse  represents, I appreciate the tremendous amount of training it takes to get to the level of fitness and ability in professional football. We all get to "participate" in a way, with televised football games and our love of the players. We cheer and cry and groan with them, but we don't have to really hurt with them. And they hurt! I cannot imagine the feeling after those games- they probably can't get out of bed. We just go to work, arguing the next day about who played better. They bleed and sweat and ache, for us, the fans  the next day as well. And then go right back to training for the love of the game. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment