Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

I did not want to get up this morning. I labored too hard this weekend, wanted to sleep in, but Leo, the lovely Lab had other plans. His internal clock never fails. At 5:50AM that cold nose plus a big foot go into my face! I groaned this morning, but like a good Mom I opened the eyes, then the front door and decided to get up. As I sit here with the first cup of coffee, listening to late summer cicadas I am wondering what will be the first sound of Fall. The spring peepers herald in the first days of Spring, these cicadas hum the warmth of summer, winter is silent, but what about Fall. You can't hear leaves fall or change color, so I am waiting to find out as I watch the dawn this year. I'll let you know if a sound of Fall becomes obvious. I have an owl that welcomes the morning with me, but I hear him all year.  Labor Day was a busy weekend- are we supposed to labor or rest? I did both just to cover my bases. These two college courses are kicking my butt. The Writing 101 I can do but the Emergency Management is a lot of reading! I have now finished two FEMA courses that make me more qualified than Mr. Brown ( the Brown of Katrina's Fema fiasco). Mike is doing a War College Masters course on the Strategy's of War or something like that and I realize I am learning how to clean up after war, so we make the  perfect pair.  He makes the mess and I'll clean it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment