Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Waiting on blacksmith


Its is a rainy, cool morning and I am waiting on the blacksmith. I had a lovely weekend with Sarah and Will both coming home for birthdays. No more teenagers, Will is 20! And today is our Anniversary. The third is traditionally a gift of leather!. Mike found some new shoes he liked and I requested a new pair of half-chaps. I'm sure my horsey friends approve. But my back is hurting today, so I will try new half-chaps later. I must have twisted or strained it somehow- 3 Advil and a muscle relaxer later, I did my stalls slowly. The rest of today I am taking it easy, tho' will go to visit a friend in hospital. And whenever I feel like complaining I remember a little girl I saw this weekend at a local horse show. She was about 10 maybe and was missing her arm from above the elbow. She was in a hunter over fences class. There was an attachment from her "stump" area (above elbow!) to the rein, connected with a double-end snap to rein on that side. She rode so well that I never would have even noticed except I was standing beside her at in-gate. She was so cool and not fazed in the least. My back is not so bad, no complaints.
Mares and foals are well, waiting on the last. Soon I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment