Thursday, May 27, 2010

Post Op


Tuesday's trip to Va. Equine Medical Ctr. for foal surgery went well. Baby definitely had an umbilical abscess, so they prepped and did the surgery about 2PM. Will and I unhooked trailer and drove around Leesburg, one to find diesel and two, to see a movie and kill four hours. Well , it took us 1 hr to find diesel and the whole time my 20 yr old son is asking, "why don't I have a smart phone that would tell me where to go- to find diesel in a strange town, to find a Chik-fil-A , when we wanted a milkshake, to tell me how to get back to the horse hospital..?" In my head I am wondering why would I want another thing to tell me where to Go when I have a 20 yr old son, who thinks I am old-fashioned! But, I was very appreciative of his company and help. It was a long day and a long trip home around the DC Beltway. We waited until 6:30pm to leave and it still took 2 hrs to get back. The foal is doing well, going crazy in the stall for a week's stall rest. It is very hot here so all foals are coming here and I am taking temps as I am still worried about the rotococcus virus, from last year. I pray we don't have a repeat of that. And I missed book club which was a bummer, but that's horses.
Saw the Blue Angels fly for a bit yesterday. I love them , so impressive. Even if ecologically wasteful, if I was at war or under attack, I can't think of a more welcome sign than those babies streaking by!

No comments:

Post a Comment