Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo


May 5th- the year is flying by. It has been a beautiful warm, breezy May day. I think this is why people live in southern California, because it is like this everyday. Absolutely gorgeous and not too hot. I worked the yearlings. They have started their round pen education and coats are getting glossy. They are learning about baths, all that scary stuff and now they walk around the ring quietly , not jumping on me or biting me- it was a good day. Rode the two thoroughbreds that I am doing hunter paces with. Found out couple of days ago, that my team and I won the high course at Goshen, which is very funny because that is the one course where we went the wrong way, had to retrace our path, regroup and find the right way. We figured at that point we were well out of contention for a ribbon. I quess everybody went to fast for optimum time because we won the blue!! Go figure. I am leaving in a moment to walk hounds at the club. Also, that time of year again. The puppy show is done, so we are taking the whole pack out ( actually we take dogs and bitches separately most of the time- seems to keep the peace better). I can never believe how quickly I forget hound names when I do not see them all the time (i.e. hunting). The poor huntsman gets annoyed when I say " who is that " all the time. Only way to learn is hound walk so I am off to kennels.

1 comment:

  1. i'd get mad too if you didnt memorize every hound right at birth, and then remember them forever! i mean, jeez mom, you're loosing it.

    just kidding!!! :) <3 sounds fun. cant wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete