Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day


I had a lovely Mother's Day. My kids are spread out across the country but everyone called and I went riding with a friend. We rode "High and Fast" at a local hunter pace- a type of low key cross-country riding event. The jumps were high and we were fast! We had a blast, there is nothing better than successfully navigating a difficult course of fences and safely galloping over hill and dale. The jumps were the highest we did this year, a couple of coops that looked 4' ( I was told they were only 3'6", but going uphill they looked BIG. Anyway, my chestnut was wonderful. He is not a pretty jumper but he gets me there safely. "Polly", my 5 yr old was a star. This was a first for her and she led over these big jumps, happily and effortlessly. You Go Girl! Check out her knees in the picture, tucked up like a champ. I was so delighted with her. She is going to go to FL and hang with Julia for some schooling. Now, I am looking forward to my daughter's birthday visit on Wednesday. Maybe one of the foals will come while she is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment