Friday, May 21, 2010

TGIF


My back has been really hurting, think I pulled a muscle wrangling with these babies!. I had hoped I was in the clear , now that all babies here, but the latest little one is running a temperature and we are watching closely. You always worry when the littlest ones seem depressed. She is nursing which is very good , so hopefully it is not a big deal. All others seem great, bouncing and jumping all over. I am not going to breed anything back this year- that is a first in about 10 years. The market is still not very good and the two mares I thought about breeding, both foaled too late. So, I am going to get a break next year. Have mixed feelings about that, tho I will have a wedding to help get ready for. My son still thinks he would like to get married on the farm , so that will be awesome. And I will have 4 yearlings to prep which will be a lot! Getting the two yearlings this year ready for the Yearling Show in late June. BTW the sick mare is continuing to improve. She has some dapples and is slowly gaining weight. She was able to stand on bad leg long enough for farrier to trim- that was a big step. Fingers crossed she will come around completely. Two years ago she won the Yearling Show Championship!

No comments:

Post a Comment