Friday, May 14, 2010

foals


It is getting busier. My life is walking foals in , walking foals out. Mucking stalls, bedding stalls, working yearlings in round pen, grooming yearlings. Checking last mare for dripping teats, grooming on yearlings some more, feeding, riding hunter occasionally..... But today is Sarah's birthday, she is 23. Last year at this time we were watching her walk to graduation at USC and Gov. Schwartznegger spoke. Then we went to Hawaii for her birthday. It was the best time. Now we are going to dinner in Annapolis and Will is driving up from W&L to see his big sis. Sam and Stephanie will be here, telling us plans for wedding next year. Life is amazing and I can't believe how grown up my kids are. Where did the time go? Sarah and I went to see "Babies", the movie, last night. It was OK but what was remarkable to me was how hard it all seemed looking back on it. Raising babies is/was wonderful but all-consuming hard work and I did it three times! Truly, the love affair with your child is the most powerful thing in the world. And I am glad they are grown up- much more fun to watch their lives unfolding (than folding laundry)!
I have a horse that I bred with my partner running in the Black Eyed Susan Stakes today at Pimlico. Isn't that cool! Her name is Baltimore Belle and I hope she knocks 'em dead. I will be at birthday dinner so my friends at Pimlico, please cheer for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment