Friday, March 19, 2010

Sunny Spring Day


I think we should all wear T-shirts that say" I survived the Winter of 2009-10" !! It's over and everything is more bearable when the sun is out. I am moving lawn furniture outside, I am riding 3 horses a day, I am enjoying being outside. Life is good.
The 2 week old baby filly is running in circles, the pregnant mares are even fatter. I was sure Goldie was going to have her baby outside yesterday. She was uncomfortable and pawing and lying down and getting up. I felt so bad for her, been there, done that! I gave her some painkillers and things calmed down, she is still waiting. Maybe tonight, tho' her due date is March 29th.
Chessie , the sick one , bless her heart is trying to run around a little. She kinda jumps up and down and squeals- a little. She's saying, I'm still here,babe!
We had a great hunt the other day and Sunday is the last of the season. Always bittersweet. This season was so short because of snow that I am really sorry to see it end , feels too soon. But foxes are having babies and this is when we stop.

1 comment:

  1. That picture is SOOOO CUTE!!!!!!
    good to hear that spring is back on the farm :) love you mom

    ReplyDelete