Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy PI day!


My math -talented sons wished me a Happy Pi day today. Took me a minute but I finally got it. We had a Sunday brunch at Metro Diner- such a cool diner. It is still rainy, but the fields are greening up and I heard the Spring Peepers the past two days. The first definitive sound of spring- those peepers going crazy , I love it. The week old filly is doing well, jumping and bumping and being a little hellion actually. They can be so squirmy and at a 150 lbs , that's a lot of hanging onto to get them out to a small paddock. Some days I really wonder why I am doing this alone. Chessie, the mare that almost died is still here, gamely gimping about. But she is eating and the latest blood work says the infection is better, white cells down, red cells up. So we are hopeful. I came so close to giving up , but she is whinnying to me every morning so I keep popping open 40 doxycycline pills every morning and night, mixing it up with maple syrup and giving it to her by syringe. I guess she is getting quite a sweet tooth.
I was so sorry for Rachel Alexandra yesterday. I wanted her to win and be invincible. But, that was left to Zenyatta who shows such incredible talent and strength. She is so cool! I hope they both continue to thrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment