Saturday, March 20, 2010

Morning


The sun is streaming in my kitchen window behind me, as I sit on the couch about to go out to feed. I am drinking that first cup of coffee and taking a minute. Just love this early morning, just a few moments alone, to blog or just sit and think, drinking coffee. It is almost warm enough to sit on the patio, where I put out the garden chairs yesterday, but not quite there. The peepers are going to town and the spring birds are chirping. Warmth, every living thing feels better when warm. We are going to Shakespeare Theatre today to see Richard II and I bet downtown DC will be beautiful. No cherry blossoms yet, but the promise of them brimming. It's nice to take a side trip out of horses once in a while and I love the dramatic battle scenes in Shakespeare. We saw Henry V last week and the scene at Agincourt where he says, We few, we brave ,we band of brothers" was awesome and came to life in a way I would not have expected. Somehow the thread of men in battle and the reasons for war reached through the ages because of the miniseries Band of Brothers, and hearing King Henry say it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment