Friday, March 26, 2010

Misty, moisty morning


Actually it is a cold rainy morning, I just remember a song I used to like called Misty, Moisty Morning. After some lovely spring days it is a damp , cold morning and I am having a second cup of coffee because I don't want to go outside yet. The mare did not foal last night , though she seems to be uncomfortable. This probably means she will foal tonight when the weather is forecasted to go back down to 25 degrees! The sick mare is still here, I believe we have decided it must be a severe case f cellulitis, even tho' some of her symptoms are very odd. She is still so thin, it breaks my heart. The antibiotics are ending today after a month and then we wait and see a little bit, hoping her own immune system will start to kick in. Read today on BloodHorse, that an autistic boy connected to Zenyatta, the great race mare , in California. He pokes and screams his pleasure and she, apparently, is very cool and doesn't flinch. My dear Thoroughbreds would be in the next county if somebody did that to them unexpectedly. Zenyatta is one very cool horse, one of the greatest! I am always touched when I read such stories, I wish more people could enjoy my own farm and horses as sometimes they are magical. They are healing and quiet, makes sense to me that people with social disorders connect to animals easier at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment