Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Good Day


Today has been a good day. It's warm!!! I went riding with my friends and jumping and galloping and we all just felt good, "bustin' loose" is the word that comes to mind. My chestnut horse, Red, is awesome.
My son is coming to dinner with his girlfriend. We are going to cook . I love my grown up kids , they are such cool people. Will and I talked a bit ago, he was in DC at a formal fraternity event. Said he had a great time. Mike and I were also in town last night, went to see the Opera!! First time ever and we choose the Russian Opera performance of War and Peace. It was a spectacle, at least 200 performers, telling the story of Napoleon invading Russia ( well that is a bit simplified , but you get the idea!) The singing was amazing and we didn't even understand a word of it, all in Russian. It was a trip.
I am now watching basketball and thanks to my wonderful son I understand it! I even can tell when someone makes an amazing play and that is cool. An awesome athlete is just a pleasure to watch, that's why I love football, basketball and, of course, Thoroughbred horses!!
My mare is still here. She nickers at me in the morning and hobbles outside to be in the sun. We are fighting and hoping. The other mare should foal any day now, we are foal watching at night, thought if we missed the birth last night we would call the foal Tolstoy! But she is also waiting and watching. I wonder if mares wonder about their impending offspring?
Mike's horse, Bob, is sleeping in the hay pile in his muddy field. So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment