Wednesday, December 30, 2009

End of December


I am going to go riding today! Whoopee. I'm nuts. It's about 2 degrees outside but I really want to get back in the saddle. I was released from IV prison yesterday when the PIC line was finally removed from my arm. That was a really creepy procedure that did not hurt at all, in fact, I didn't feel a thing when this 18 " long white worm of a little tube was snaked out of my arm vein. Yuck!

But, now I can ride. My thumb is stiff , still somewhat sore and doesn't bend at first joint. Permanently fused from a stupid cat bite. There is so much arthritic damage at the joint from the cat bite trauma and infection that doctor says it will fuse, which is better than two ends of bone rubbing with no cartilage! You know, I actually understand this because I have a horse, my big Louis, going through the very same thing. I turned him out after 3 months stall rest and said Fuse, Baby, Fuse. So we shall see about the two of us, hopefully we heal together.

So, it is coming to the end of December, the end of this "00" decade. What a ride. You get to watch all these news shows that recap the decade and a lot of sh-- happened. I am not going over all that but I must say I am looking forward to the "20-teens". I am hoping for a kinder, gentler decade. Wouldn't it be nice to finish up in Iraq and Afghanistan with negotiated peace that they could continue and that they could thrive. I hope we all continue to be healthier- it is certainly something everyone is so much more conscious of now , in small everyday choices. I am an eternal optimist I know, but that is where such reflections always take me. SO , Happy New Year to my friends and family. I hope we all live long and prosper this year coming. Now, 'scuse me while I go ride and kiss the sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment