Sunday, December 6, 2009

First snowfall


First snow yesterday blanketed us with about 2 inches. I just started feeding again and I have to tackle the Gator slipping and sliding in snow. I figured I better feed really early while it was still a little frozen or I would never get up the hills. It was fine and actually beautiful. Even tho' they cancelled hunting it would have been a lovely morning to hunt, not too cold and fresh snow- the hounds love it.
The mares and foals seemed fine, nobody the worse for wear after snow.
We got our Christmas tree yesterday and it was fun to decorate. First time in many years that I did it mostly myself. Kids are all in school or in own homes (Sam). Michael was feeling low- a cold- so I put up the ones I loved best. It is a country/wildlife/foxhunting tree! There are lots of bright birds and foxes and little squirrels and foxhunt attired people. Interspersed among my animal themes are Mike's beautiful White House and CIA ornaments. Odd but it works for us!!



1 comment:

  1. snow!!!!!

    mom you have Awesome pictures in your blog.

    can't wait to see your tree <3

    ReplyDelete