Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Rainy December morn


I miss being able to write about my foxhunting escapades, I miss having those escapades!!.

It is a very rainy Dec morn, following our first snow. I guess we should be thankful it is only another couple inches of rain, the Midwest is getting hammered. Please keep going northward. I am not ready for so much snow. The cold is coming tho'. I did put the waterproof blankets on the mares finally as sleet then cold wind is the toughest weather on them. I had to move everyone up close to the house, in the paddocks in front and beside driveway as my Gator broke. This is a tragedy , as anyone with a farm and a Gator can know. Moving haybales and feed buckets with a defective hand, useless arm and no Gator is my idea of torture. And all I did was try to move a cat! Now, my big, trusty Chevy 250 is helping out. Thank you for big old pickups. At least I don't have to unhook from horse trailer every time right now. And I have a neighbour who thinks he can help fix the Gator. Small blessings.
I can't wait for Christmas, all the kids are coming home and Sarah will be here for a week with her friend Kevin. The tree is up, the lights are going up and I am wrapping. It is all good.


No comments:

Post a Comment