Thursday, August 20, 2009

Wednesday night- Aug 20th

I am sad that my daughter has gone back to Los Angeles, but we had a terrific visit. Now it is back to horses. It has been so hot and humid here, a little break in the heat wold be nice. Tomorrow morning the vet is coming early to do a hernia repair on one of the weanling fillies. I hope it is a little cooler. She will need to stay in the stall for couple of weeks , so I bedded it today with clean straw. Always smells so good. Last week I brought my old guy, Lestat, in for the blacksmith and I put him in this stall ( the hernia repair had been scheduled for last week). He looked around, gave a sigh and just lay down. All day! He was so glad to come in from the flies and be knee deep in fresh straw that he just stretched out and reveled in it. You know, I do the same thing at night when I get into bed. Fresh sheets and just stretching out feels so good at the end of a long day. I understand completely. I let the old man stay in all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment