Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday night 8/24

Time flies. I try to get to this and suddenly it is 9PM. I wanted to write about the two little Dachsunds I watched chasing a deer across my back pastures. Now, I live pretty far back from any homes and Friday I am feeding, watching the weanlings watching something . I look up and swear it is two groundhogs chasing a deer!! No way, I say- then unbelievably realize it is two little Dachsunds bouncing up and down across the field and into the woods. Gone , like they had never been there-but they were. Strange.
It was too humid to do the hernia surgery (anaesthesia affects a foal's body-cooling mechanisms) so she has a break until Thursday. Saturday it rained 5 inches in a couple hours. My bridge to the back fields lifted and moved for the first time ever. The next morning I drove the Gator to feed, came to the bridge and thought it was really muddy but went across and fell 18 inches on the other side. Now I'll need a 'dozer to push it back into place. Oh well , the horses all seemed fine and the farm IS very green this year.
I saw wild turkeys this morning as well as a big horned owl and several hawks. These birds are so beautiful and I am so lucky to see them so close.

No comments:

Post a Comment