Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday evening 8/25


Walked hounds this morning-still trying to remember the "P" young entry. There is a Potomac, and a Patuxent. The way to tell them apart is that one has two black spots on their back with a narrow white strip separating them. This represents the Potomac River separating Virginia and Maryland. The other one is Patuxent (Tux)- no definitive white strip . This is great, but I need to do this with 12 new entry. It becomes confusing as they are all white with black spots or white with brown spots or blue ticks etc. Somrtimes, as a whip, I only know the troublemakers for sure.

The yearlings are looking good. The sales have been dismal so the only way to stand out is to look like a million bucks. I keep trying but some days are difficult. Thought I had found a good home for Mig (our timber horse)but it didn't work out. On the other hand , there are some positives today.

The other insurance company ( car accident) did accept responsibility, so I can order a new Mini. My 4-yr old is progressing well and I got the entry today for the Foxhunter Field Championships which I look forward to every year. A week of hunting in Virginia- big fences, lots of running and jumping and great Virginians. I have a great time every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment