Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August 18th evening


I tried to write something all day and things just kept happening that seemed more pressing at the time. Now, at 10pm I think what happened to the whole day. I was going to write about hound walking (an essential part of foxhunting, especially if you are a whipper-in like me-more about that later). The puppies are cute and I am still trying to learn the names of last years entry.
But I had to work the yearlings in the round pen , so the blog waited. Then, the insurance company calls started about the car accident last Friday. Oh my god- don't ever have an accident-it will make you want to strangle people. That's how I feel.
Then it was feed time suddenly, but I needed to get to the train station to pick up my daughter. So it was a mad dash on the gator ( a 4 wheeler marvel for horse people-couldn't live without it) throwing feed into buckets and slinging hay at hurt horses in stalls. They must think I am a crazy lady a times! Mad drive to Amtrak, then Annapolis, then meet husband, who needs some care sometimes. He must think I'm a crazy lady, too, at times.
Then at 8pm I'm mucking stalls so I can go to NYC tomorrow with my daughter who is suppose to meet a director ( she is visiting from LA and is an aspiring actress). There is a wicked thunderstorm which has the yearlings convinced tht they are NOT supposed to leave the safety of the barn even tho' I am begging at this point. All this brings me to now and a not-so-serene blog at 10pm. I am still putting the picture of the cute puppies up tho'.

No comments:

Post a Comment