Sunday, August 30, 2009

Facebook


I am a neophyte on this phenomena Facebook. I attempt to follow the info on it, sometimes I get it, often I am sort of lost. However, today I followed a note about a Mustang roundup out West by the Bureau of Land Management that sounded truly awful. I thought they had stopped that sort of barbaric cleansing eons ago- that it had gone the way of the John Wayne/ James Dean movie. Remember in Giant, the horrific mustang chase scene and Marilyn Monroe crying. Anyway I hope the support keeps coming for the people who are trying to stop this. They also mentioned a wolf hunt, which I also hope they stop. I will offer to spread the word so the BLM can be inundated with e-mails decrying these practices.
In this sense Facebook can be a wonder. We will make this a smaller world in which we connect in ways that never would have been possible before. I am trying to use this tool!. My daughter is helping, she lets me Facebook befriend her, my younger son said No! He does not want me to see His page. My older son has deleted his page, says it is a waste. So I am trying to figure out a happy medium. We shall see what happens.


2 comments:

  1. totally irrelevant... but was that scene in Giant or the Misfits? i can't remember.
    that's really sad. if you want to, post a link of the article on your facebook or twitter, then i can spread the word to my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right I think it was The Misfits. Trust my actress daughter to know this trivia

    ReplyDelete