Friday, July 22, 2011

second sauna soaker

This heat is sultry, exotic. It feels like another place, a more intriguing, tropical, menacing place. Anyone remember "A year of Living Dangerously", with Siguorney Weaver and a sexy, sane Mel Gibson, it is that kind of hotness !  And the cicadas are really loud this morning, the lone hawk is crying and crashing in the trees. I could really get into describing a scene from my tormented day-walking vampire story set in a smoldering Southern Maryland! Let the tension build along with the temperature , as the lonely vamp, Wicked, sweats and soaks in the humid, hot dawn. What do you think? ...
The sky is completely cloudless this morning, almost colorless, with the barest hint of pink edging the treetops. The crazy hawk is still calling for mom, actually its cry somehow personifies the angst I think the female vampire would feel, when her kind descends into dark sleep at dawn,  and she is alone in her world, to face the sunlight, every morning. I can feel the quickening as the glow rises on the horizon. It is simply a stronger pulse throughout my body as I "wake-up". This warmth also reminds me of the heated blankets that you are put into before surgery. Before you are "put under" with anaesthesia, they lay you into these soft blankets, with pumped hot air and the last thoughts I have always had was  "Oh this feels good", as all your muscles relax in the warmth. My muscles are very relaxed in this humidity, there is no other way to walk through the day. Languid, that's the word. This heat is languid; if I don't want to complain, I need to relax and enjoy the differentness of this. Remember the freezing January cold and I can deal with the heat!
So, as I muck stalls and feed hot horses, I will see myself as Siguorney, in a sexy tank top and short, shorts, flirting with Mel Gibson as the living gets dangerous. But I need another cup of coffee first.

No comments:

Post a Comment