Wednesday, July 27, 2011

little cooler

The last two days have been a little less humid and cooler. It took the heat of last week for me to say 90 degrees is cooler! It is actually pleasant to sit out this morning, there is a sliver of moon in the dawning sky and lots of birdcalls. I think even the birds were depressed in that heat.  My filly at the track has "bucked shins", so training is taken down a notch and we wait. Wait for bone to fill in and smooth again. She probably won't run until Laurel in fall.  Oh well, that's racing. I am not going to go to Saratoga this year for the sales. Carol has some lawyer agendas that cannot be changed and we are both sad about it. The Saratoga sales has become an annual rite of passage. We get to watch the fancy yearlings and spend time together planning the next breeding year. We have less money than ideas and plan, but we still dream big. I decided to hop out and visit Sarah at that time. I miss my daughter a lot and it will be really great to see her for a couple of days. Short and very sweet. I hope Kevin can deal with "mother-in-law" for a visit! Can't wait. Sam and Steph are gearing up for their wedding and I am getting excited about it too. The hydrangeas that I planted actually bloomed and filled in, the little wedding grove will look beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment