Thursday, July 21, 2011

sauna morning

It is 6Am, sun has not quite made the horizon and I am sitting in the world's biggest sauna. The new patio doors were completely steamed over this morning  and when I stepped outside it was really remarkable how hot and humid it was BEFORE daybreak! The cicada thrumming is very loud, they must love this heat although the birds seem subdued. I love their company in the dawn as we sit to witness the break of day. They are very quietly, just perched way at the tops of the dead branches, all facing the sun just like me. We are the dawn witness brigade!  I am a true Leo, as the sun breaks cover I can feel the blood quicken ever so slightly and my energy level rises like liquid in a test tube. At night my eyes close as the sun goes down.  My husband thinks I am part vampire, can't stand garlic, I like to bite, and Lestat is my true hero, but the big problem with this is I am dead to the world in the darkest part of night. I must be a daywalker vampire!!- could be a whole new series. Sun-worshipping blood suckers.  The sun has just crested  looking like a beautiful red hot disc, very worthy of worship, I think.  I could be a tormented female vampire, condemned to live in daylight when the rest of my species is "dead", looking for a soul mate but only connecting with horses!!!!  This would have a target audience of horse crazy "Twilight" fans- might be a small fan base. Hmmm,  I think I better get going on chores as it is starting to "look" wickedly hot. That could be a good name for my character- Wicked- knew a horse by that name once, seemed a little crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment