Thursday, February 10, 2011

home

Back from Kentucky and I did not buy another broodmare! We saw the big boys, Bernadini , Medalia d'Oro, Street Cry- these are fabulous looking horses and they live like kings! The folks at Darley, Sheik Maktoum's place, have created a beautiful place and it is fun to just go look. We booked to some  nice Kentucky stallions and hope springs eternal I guess ( or we are just nuts to keep trying!).  I did recieve a couple nice breeder bonus checks last week- helps pay a feed bill here and there.  Hunting has resumed and I hope the break in the weather just continues into spring- did I say hope springs eternal! My trip to California was fun and these weddings are galloping closer. Going down to see youngest son's basketball game this weekend and have a overnight with the hubby (Valentine's!). He is my best friend and very supportive of all the craziness in my life. Oh and am also trying to figure out my new IPhone. Trying to stay abreat of new technology but I swear it could be a full time job to learn this stuff. I really just want a phone to call people but feel that if I do not try to understand new, faster ways to communicate I will become obsolete myself! Anyone else have this fear? The photo is from trip to California, we actually shopped on Rodeo Drive and I found a great pair of jeans from Ralph Lauren- tho' last night I put them in hamper after all this travelling. Decided to check laundering tag and laughed- it said Do Not Wash Dry Clean Only!! Who lives on a farm and dry cleans their jeans- not me, I will try a cold water wash!

No comments:

Post a Comment