Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Driving to Canada


There are some days, some moments that you never forget. Last night I had just checked into a cheap motel somewhere in the middle of Pennsylvania. It was 10PM, I was tired and couldn’t drive any more. I as on my way back to Toronto, Canada to see my mom and sister. The motel room was freezing. I had gotten into bed, fully dressed, pulled the covers up to my chin and was vacantly looking at a TV. Margaret called and said, “ the oncologist said….”. Oncologist has an ugly sound, it is a harsh word. And I will never forget that freezing motel room, that moment of hearing those words. Mom seems to have myeloma. I can’t get onto the internet to figure out what it is. It is now 5AM the next morning and the motel has no connection. I went to sleep last night after talking to my sister just because that is what you do after hearing tough news and you have nothing else to do. Now I want to know, I want to read about this disease, to figure out what to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment