Thursday, December 16, 2010

back home

I drove like a road warrior and made it home late last night.  Squeaking between storms. It was exactly 10 hours door to door. The threat of a snowstorm that was paralleling my southern trip was a big incentive to get over the Allegheny Mts and I did! The roads in Canada are tough, Canadians just keep right on with normal schedule , everyone just slows down to 15 mph and continues. No big deal. Those kind of icy, snowy roads would completely shut down Maryland! My Mom did the first day of her chemo and it seemed to go OK. She is comfortable, albeit kind of hates the hospital life, which is understandable. Toronto area has become very much a cosmopolitan melting pot. I don't think one of my Mom's nurses or doctors was a "wasp". Many Russians, East Europeans, Chinese, Indian- very international and noticeable to this American girl- just different. Excellent care and a good hospital.  I hope I was a help to my sister, it is definitely better to have family around when making such difficult decisions. We are happy with mom's prognosis, her doctor reports excellent  results with this treatment. Say a prayer for me and Mom! Home to take care of horses, they were in excellent hands while I was away. Thank you Thank you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment