Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas happenings

This was a season of blessings and thanks and for some, a sorrow. At Christmas we are reminded of the angels around us, the ones we love and protect, the ones who love us and keep us safe, and the ones that  are unseen and unknown and give us blessings in different ways.  I loved my "angel" friend who gave me a new broom- she knew exactly what the barn needed-thank you. I am eternally grateful for my family, the love of my husband and the immense circle that is the love of my children. Sam and I went skiing yesterday on the spur of the moment. It  was a wonderful, windy, chilly day spent with my awesome son. One of those lyrical days when we feel graceful and exhilarated to be able to fly down a mountain without falling down! Walking in ski boots is comically awkward until you attach the skis , then it's like a gift of wings! We laughed and reminisced about European ski trips past. I missed my beautiful daughter, my other skiing child, who stayed in Los Angeles for the holidays. We called and Skyped and I will see her soon for more wedding plans. The love just had to flow a little further that's all. Will made it safely back to college for basketball, skirting the Christmas snowstorm in the east. This brings me to the sorrow. A friend of his lost his mom at Christmas and it reminds us of our fragility. The friend has an angel mom now and I know my son grieves terribly for his teammate. We are all thinking of him. I'm sure there was an angel sitting with my mom, who had to spend Christmas in hospital. She is responding well to the chemo and is stronger every day. And I know my kids' step grandmother had an angel help her survive a heart attack the day before Christmas! We wish her a speedy recovery. Hug and cherish the ones nearby and send the love to the ones away.  A happy New Year is around the corner. Love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment