Friday, December 17, 2010

Beginning of the rest of the winter...

Trying to get all my stuff back to normal . Being away for 8 days really messes with barn, horses, paperwork, Christmas wrapping. It took me forever to clean up barn yesterday, was like somebody set a bomb off. Not so much hay, please,  next time!!  actually,  hopefully no more next time on such short notice. Hoses are frozen and troughs are getting low-ugh. Weanlings have runny noses, mare with bad leg is stocking up from being in- so she is out with others. Walking seems to help her the most but some Bute and sulpha work too. Sulpha for the babies too. Ground is too hard to ride much tho' I need to get on foxhunters. I hate riding in the cold. I haven't seen my friendly fox in a while. I am so afraid the roadkill fox from 2 weeks ago might have been him. Bummer.
When the snow started about 11 AM, I was so glad I toughed it out and drove home on Wednesday. Driving thru the mountains just to hit snow and icy roads  in Maryland would have been so depressing.
Today I am trying to finish wrapping , maybe ride if it warms up, unfreezing hoses.....
 I think this is the beginning of the rest of the winter and I need to find a way to appreciate the cold. The only time it is OK is when I am actually hunting and am warm from galloping around or early morning when the sun hits the snow and it is quiet in the woods. That too is lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment