Tuesday, July 20, 2010

This summer is too hot!


We are back to hot, humid sticky days. The grass is green again after many, many thunderstorms in past couple of days, but I am hiding inside 'cause it is too hot out. I walked hounds ( even they are too hot to do much) and then worked the yearlings in round pen. Should be up to about 20 minutes of trot work now, but I stop at about 12-15 because we are all out of breath by then- me from swinging the lunge whip and turning in endless circles. I hate this time of year. The foals are very cute and hanging out in the very back fields. Both mom and baby horses wait patiently for me to flyspray them twice a day. I try to ride Chessie, whom we now call "CoverGirl", because her photo is on the Southern States feedbag and she is the poster child for the World Equestrian Games I have been told!-at least a couple times a week. She is doing really well. After that I am in air conditioning working on computer for the rest of the day!.

1 comment:

  1. its too bad you and chessie aren't getting any return on all the advertising they're using her for!!!

    im sorry its hot - its been hot here too but not humid. stay cool, make homemade iced tea! kevin taught me a really yummy recipe with fruit tea and english tea, i can send it to you if you want. just let me know. love you mom <3

    ReplyDelete