Friday, July 9, 2010

Cloudy dawn- yay!


Never thought I would be happy to see a cloudy dawn, but I am today. It means a chance of rain which we really need. I had to drop hoses ( 5 of them screwed together) down to the broodmare field, to a trough, as their stream had dried up. The grass, what little is left, is crunchy and brown. I have also put out round bales for the mares and foals. The older horses still have some grass but the worry is that they nibble down to and destroy roots, so if this keeps up they will all be eating
hay! And, it is only the beginning of July. I can't imagine how worried the farmers must be. Record snows, now record heat. On some cosmic level, I fear we are really messing with the environment, what with terrible oil spills and ozone-eating carbon emissions. I do my little bit, turning things off, fancy lightbulbs etc. but I do wonder what will ultimately happen to our planet.
But, for today, I am just happy it may rain! It is cloudy and a wee bit cooler. I am sitting on the patio taking pictures of clouds at 6AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment