Monday, July 26, 2010

Dawn's witnesses


High in the treetop, where that squirrel had sat days ago, several little birds kept me company this morning. They sat very quietly, not singing, not even moving much. I thought perhaps, they too, sometimes just sit and watch the day dawn. I think they were doves. I got out the binoculars and it was two doves and four little tiny birds- baby doves maybe? It was a very busy weekend and I am glad to relax back into my regular routine. We started trail clearing at the huntclub, unfortunately Saturday was extremely hot, but we survived and little by little we accomplish a great deal. There is a companionable misery in trail clearing- it is nasty work but because we share it, there is a certain pride in who can do the most or take on the toughest job! Kinda nuts really. After three hours of sweating to death we came home and took the first of what would end up being endless showers that day. The manure spreader had broken and my handy man came to help fix it. Why, the hottest day of the year, I don't know but I have learned you never turn down repair help, so we sweated for the two hours fixing a ridiculously difficult nut and bolt job. Shower number two. We had planned to go see a movie but friends called who, last minute, had two extra tickets to The Beach Boys in Baltimore at an outdoor venue that night. We're game and had a great evening, slipping back to the '60's and dancing in the seats to "Good Vibrations" etc. They were great and what was surprising was the actor John Stamos, from Full House , played drums and guitar with them!!! Go figure. I thought I saw him backstage and some women were screaming John, John. I thought , "that looks remarkably like John Stamos", and wondered what guitar player it was. I used to know a lot of them in previous life!. Anyway turns out he actually tours with them part-time. It was just another crazy twist in a crazy day. Home to shower number three. Sunday was still hot but I stayed in mostly with my youngest son and enjoyed his company. Finally went to that movie Sunday night. Enjoyed Salt- even appreciated the name after sweating so much- salt sounded good!

No comments:

Post a Comment